Monday 24 November 2008

Designed by Chris

On Saturday we had a chilled evening with Chris and Nigel. They are very very good friends and very very good with Ted. Even when he is being very naughty and rude they ignore him, turn their backs on him (easier said than done when a 40kg dog is getting frisky with your leg) and carry on talking. Ted does calm down eventually, which just leaves me to apologise for all their inevitable bruises!

Not only is Chris a dear friend but she is also a very talented book and magazine designer and it is she who created her magic and made 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' come to life as it has done. I had my words, we had the fab illustrations from Joe, but it was only when Chris put them together as she did that I thought 'Yes, this is really going to work'! I got more excited every time I saw a new PDF.

I suppose the design is something you don't often think about when you look at a book - I know I didn't - but it is such a vital part of it. And quite frankly we would have been stuffed without Chris's skills. And patience. Lots and lots of patience when we kept changing our minds.

Check out the free treaser on www.theschnoops.com and you'll see exactly what I mean.

No comments: