Tuesday 18 November 2008

Writing

For the last few days I've been writing 'On The Flipside' and I can't begin to tell you how much I'm enjoying it. Because I'd been busy with 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' writing 'Flipside' has got very much pushed to one side. At first I worried that it would be hard to pick it up again. But because I'm so familiar with all the characters it was like taking up with old friends. And I know that sounds SO corny, but I'm afraid it's true!

My one worry is that I get carried away with scenarios and I don't rein them in enough - one little scene takes on a life of its own and lasts pages and pages just because I'm enjoying the interaction between the characters. And I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. I think maybe I should send it off to Lindsey (my agent) so that she can exercise some control! Poor Lindsey!

No comments: