Friday 9 January 2009

New Year


Well after being laid low by a virus for a week I am almost ready to get back to work again, which might be as well as there is so much to do. 'The Extremely Very Scrambled Up World of Little Doogs' is due to be officially published on February 10th so it's a mad scramble to make sure all the relevant people/publications know about it so that we can generate as much publicity as possible. And I must admit I am struggling with it.

I write, that's what I love doing and I do it because I love it. I find the whole thing of 'selling myself' really really difficult. Ian always says that 'selling is not a dirty word', but I say it just comes easier to some people than others.

I love meeting children and talking to them about ...well anything really, because they are so honest. So although I'm a bit nervous about going into schools, just because it's a while since I've done it, I am looking forward to it. It's just the dealing with adults in the 'real' world I'm not really relishing. But I guess as a writer it's all part of the territory now, so I'd better get used to it.

At least I have a gorgeous new desk to work from. I love it! And note how very very tidy it is! How long do you think that's going to last?!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

It's gorgeous, Fiona! Dare you to post another photo now (without tidying!) xxx