Thursday 14 May 2009

Hot water!

I am cold. I could do with a hot shower. I quite possibly smell....

We haven't had any hot water or heating for, ooh, a fortnight now, give or take the couple of days in the middle of the whole sorry 'what-the-hell-are-they-doing? Call-themsleves-heating-engineers!' saga.

I can forgive human error. We all make mistakes (some of us even apologise for them!)But 4 'human errors' on the trot....hmmm patience is virtually eroded. But it's the level of service we've had that makes me despair - having to wait a week for a part which was in stock at the manufacturer's but because the engineer's supplier didn't have it on his shelf....ooh dear, what can we do? So much red tape tangling everyone up, it's as though everyone is too frightened to apply common sense.

And when we'd been waiting a week wouldn't it be sensible to priortise us and appear first thing? You'd think wouldn't you? But no, the guy appeared at 8.30 on Friday night meaning our plans to go out went the same way as the hot water. And that didn't happen once but twice...

Robert is always very calm and surprisingly nice - last night I was ready to get up and at 'em with a meat cleaver!

I am a cold cross bunny at the moment and channelling Honey...maybe I should adopt Jezza's approach and just go to sleep until it's all sorted!

No comments: