Friday 15 May 2009

Party Time!


One of the best things about writing for children is the letters I get. Just the fact that someone has taken the time to write to me means a lot. I have had a couple of duff ones where the girls took umbrage about something I'd written, but it transpired that they were friends and had been egging each other on. (I won't be writing 'Och aye the noo' again any time soon though. Oops I just have!)

I received an email the other day from a librarian who said that Year 5 pupils at her school write to their favourite author as part of their English curriculum. She had a letter for me but hadn't been able to find my address. She had actually bothered to go out of her way to track me down and not just send the letter to HarperCollins. I always get letters in the end if they DO go there, but it means that I usually get them a month or so after they've been written. Then I always think about the poor little girl (letters are invariably from girls!)sitting waiting for a reply and thinking how rude I am because I haven't responded. I always ALWAYS reply, even to the rude ones! (Although I do appreciate that I'm hardly J.K.Rowling and don't have to wade through 'fan mail' to get to the door!)

And I had another surprise yesterday. A parcel! A parcel full of 'The Sleepover Club: Party Time!' which is the reissued edition of 'Happy Birthday Sleepover Club!'. It might be a few years old, but it's looking good!

No comments: