Wednesday 30 June 2010

New beginnings!


Well so much has happened since I last wrote, but now I am settled and happy and back in the saddle so to speak.

I have moved back to Yorkshire and I'm loving it.
I love the fresh air, the green fields and the hills.
I love seeing more of my friends - the joy of being able to pop in for coffee as I am going to do later
I love spending more time with Em and Izzy, really love that!
I love laughing more with Flissy
I love taking Mum out for lunch
I love being able to drop everything for an impromptu drink
I love the fact that I can take Ted out whenever I want, even off his lead, and not have to worry about traffic
I love the fact that even though I've only spoken to someone once they call out 'hello Fiona' when I see them
I love fresh eggs from my neighbours
I love the fact that I used to see sheep from my office window (and I'm trying not to dwell too much on the fact that they are no longer there...)
I love standing in my garden in the evening, looking across the valley and hearing mooing and bleating in the distance

Do I miss Wimbledon? Of course I do! People I love are still there and I miss them very much. But it gives me a good excuse to go back and of course I hope that they will visit often so that I can show them how beautiful it is here.

1 comment:

Muppet said...

Hi Fiona,
Just had a look at your blog. So pleased to read just how much you have settled up here. So much of what you say is how I feel about living up here.
We are so lucky :-)
Pam
xx